Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Welcome Back!

I hope everyone had a very nice break. I was able to spend time recruiting at my alma mater and hopefully I convinced a few future graduates to join the Great Hearts team. I brought in work from our class, and college seniors were blown away by the amazing job our class is doing. I was so proud to share stories of our progress, and the high character students that I get to work with everyday. For that, I am extremely grateful.

I also want to thank all the parents who helped organize the Birthday Celebration for my birthday the week before break. It was very touching and I think the kids had a really good time.

Thank you to all of those who have made it to parent-teacher conferences and those who will be coming later today (Wednesday). If you were unable to make it during the times provided, please email me, or else I will be emailing you later this week to find a time to meet.

With the shorter week I have very few announcements, just a friendly reminder that we will still have a Spalding quiz on Friday, but it will only have 10 words on it, not the typical 30. We are also starting Rocket Math this week. The kids had their pretest today, to see how fast they can complete basic math operations. We will continue to do this throughout the year, as a way for the students to work on their math fluency, but there will not be any responsibilities for you at home.

Thank you and expect another post come Monday!

Mr. Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment